Welcome to Draper Park Middle School
Parents, the time is now school starts on the 20th of August. We are so excited to greet your students. Reminders:
- 6th grade orientation: Tuesday the 19th starting at 7:30, buses will be running.
- Back to school night for all: Tuesday the 19th starting at 6:30 pm, be mindful of road closures due to construction on 13th east.
Important notification that will eliminate frustrations:
- South drop off zone
- No drop off in stripped areas.
- Pull forward to the furthest open stall indicated by the yellow lines.
- West drop off zone
- Pull forward to the furthest north end of the school.
- No through way to south of school, right turn only.
- Schedules for back to school night and the starting of school
- Bring your schedules to back to school night. Those who have not paid fees will need to pay fees or sign up for fee waivers before a schedule will be given.
- If you forget your schedule you will need to stand in line to receive one.
- Schedule Changes
- We will not be accommodating most requests for a schedule change. You may fill out a form and we will review the request at a later date.
- The school is shuffling students within teams. This only changes the order of the day for students the schedule in most cases. We are doing this to create smaller class sizes.
- Students who are not scheduled should report to the counseling office to acquire a complete schedule.
- Dress Code
- Please make sure you review dress code. We do not want any student frustrated or have hurt feelings because of what they wear.
- Most students were assigned locker. Student without lockers and students who are too short for top lockers see Cindy our Hall Monitor for a locker request/change form. The request will be completed and the students contacted.
DPMS in partnership with parents and students will have a great year!
Back to School Night Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:45-8:00 p.m.
Meet the teachers Walk the bell schedule
School starts Wednesday, August 20, 2014
School Hours: Mon-Thur 7:30-2:30 - Friday 9:30-2:30
6th Grade Orientation August 19th – 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
♦ Meet administrators, counselors, and staff
♦ Attend classes and meet teachers
♦ Review policies, procedures, and expectations
♦ Receive planners
♦ Go to a lunch room orientation & enjoy a snack
Buses will pick up bus students at their regular stops and times.
For more information on buses go to: www.canyonsdistrict.org. Schools, Buses
Find my School and Bus Eligibility
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Attendance Office 801-826-6910
Counseling Center 801-826-6920
Administrative Secretary 801-826-6900
Web Page http://draperparkmiddle.canyonsdistrict.org
DPMS SCC Information:
On-line registration starts July 30th. After your fees are paid you will be able to print off your schedule August 11th after 8:00am. Traditionally schedule Changes have been allowed. Counselors worked hard to give most students their 1st choice of classes. Schedule Changes will be very limited this year. Please remember the following when enrolling:
- Join the PTA and order your memory book early
- Please donate to the NO-Fuss Fund Rasier
- Work with Administration if a fee-wavier is needed
- Lockers and combinatinos will print off on the schedule
- Help Desk can assist you at 801-826-5544
West Drop Off/Front of School
- Pull Forward to the end of the building
- Right turn only when at the 1st stop sign
- Wait your turn - Do not drop off at the islands leading up to the pull through lane
South Drop Off
- No Drop off in yellow painted zone. Students should remain in cars until you have room to pull forward
- Pull forward to the last open slot heading west. Park to drop off between the yellow lines.